The climate control of a vehicle, both in summer and now that the cold of autumn is approaching, it is an essential element to travel comfortably every day, since it allows you to adjust the degrees so that the temperature inside the cabin is adequate, as well as pleasant.
And it is that both heat and cold are phenomena that can, beyond being uncomfortable, reduce road safety and the powers of the driver.The heat makes you drowsy and causes discomfort, and the low temperatures make it necessary to wear heavy clothing that can limit movements and reactions to the wheel.
For it, The Association of ITV Stations points out that the degrees between which the thermometer must oscillate in the passenger compartment of the car are 19 and 22. To drive safely, this temperature should allow us to:
- Driving without a coat. In addition to giving heat at any given time, it limits freedom of movement behind the wheel and can compromise safety by not allowing the belt to fit properly.
- Drive at a suitable temperature. A high temperature can cause drowsiness. Fatigue and irritability are also increased.
- Better with the car running. It is turned on earlier, it can generate mist on the windows and, likewise, it can cause cracks in the moon.
- The air, from the feet. It is recommended that the air always comes out from below since in this way it will be better distributed throughout the cabin.
For these reasons, in addition to controlling the cost of fuel and, with it, the emissions emitted by the vehicle’s engine, it is necessary to control the temperature of the passenger compartment and now in autumn not overuse the heating.
To reduce engine fuel consumption and curb particulate matter emitted during combustion, AECA-ITV advises:
- Do not leave the car running or with the heating on if it stops for more than a minute.
- Check the battery and ignition system to avoid badly burned fuels that generate more pollution.
- Check the exhaust pipe, the catalytic converter and the oil filter. A well-lubricated engine emits less smoke and consumes less fuel.
- Check the wheels, always cold. Tire pressure and tread directly influence the overall consumption of the vehicle.
- Do not carry the car overloaded. An excess of weight only serves to increase the consumption.
- Keep the car ready and passes reviews to avoid unpleasant surprises.