Traditionally, the State Department supports correspondence with the president-elect, which is why many countries have begun sending messages to US diplomacy headquarters over the weekend.

But Biden has been blocked by the Trump administration from gaining access to State Department resources, as the incumbent president refuses to acknowledge Joe Biden’s victory in the Nov. 3 election. Thus, dozens of messages addressed to Biden have not yet reached the recipient.

Joe Biden’s team has been in contact with foreign governments without State Department involvement, and Biden has had numerous telephone conversations with various leaders, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. However, these talks took place without the logistical support of the State Department.

“They (members of Joe Biden’s team) would prefer to use State Department resources,” a source close to the case said.

Moreover, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Tuesday refused to acknowledge Biden’s victory in the presidential election, saying “there will be a smooth transition to the second Trump administration,” which further agitated the diplomatic environment, according to the quoted source.

Joe Biden also does not receive daily information from the intelligence services, and if the Trump administration continues to block a typical transition until the day of the investiture (January 20), there are fears that the Biden administration will face a major challenge to take over official mandate. In the past, the State Department has facilitated the post-election administrative transition process.

The US president’s refusal to accept defeat in the November 3 election has created a chaotic political landscape in the United States. Not only has the incumbent president so far refused to admit defeat, but he has resorted to destabilizing attacks on the military chain of command, a “besieged bunker” mentality, analysts say.

The Trump administration’s defiance was even more ridiculous on Tuesday, when Secretary of State Mike Pompeo showed his loyalty to the head of state by saying, “There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration.” In the face of this unusual situation, the agitation within the federal institutions also stands out.

For example, minutes after U.S. Attorney General William Barr ordered an investigation into the alleged election fraud, the head of the Department of Justice’s Electoral Crimes Investigation Department, Richard Pilger, resigned. Also, the federal agency in charge of initiating the transition process, the General Services Administration (GSA), has not yet initiated this process. The director of this institution, Emily Murphy, appointed by Trump, suggested that she is first waiting for an official result regarding the winner of the election, established for the time being through the media projections. Faced with this situation, Joe Biden’s team warned that it is also examining possible legal action, in order to determine the GSA to initiate the transition that gives members of the president-elect’s team access to government information and the possibility of establishing contacts with federal agency officials.

Former CIA director John Brennan has said he is now more concerned about the decisions Donald Trump may make now, at the end of his term, than in all four years when he was president of the United States, CNN reports. Brennan gave the example of the dismissal of the Pentagon chief and the placement of “inexperienced” people at the head of the American army, decisions that send “a very bad signal” to the American military.
“I don’t think (Trump) will be able to cling to power, because his power will expire on January 20, 2021, at noon on Inauguration Day (when Joe Biden takes the oath),” said John Brennan. an intervention on CNN.
“But I am very worried about what he could do until then, during this period. And I have to tell you that I am now more worried about what this nervous and seemingly reckless president could do in the remaining 70 days than in his entire term so far, “said the former head of the main intelligence agency. external to the USA.
John Brennan said Trump is determined to continue to use force, such as the dismissal of Defense Minister Mark Esper and the replacement of him and his team with controversial people, which has already led some Pentagon officials to say that the leader from the White House already has the specific behavior of a dictator.
Also, according to CNN sources, after the Pentagon’s purges, the next on the list are the current CIA and FBI directors.
“Putting such inexperienced people at the head of the Pentagon will send a very bad signal to the troops, to the military, as well as to the rest of the nations,” said former CIA Director John Brennan.

Speaking at an event in Delaware, Biden said the power transition was ongoing, despite incumbent Republican President Donald Trump’s refusal to accept the election result. The president-elect also said it was “embarrassing” that Trump refused to admit defeat. “It simply came to our notice then. I don’t think that will serve the president’s legacy.

But the fact that Republicans do not want to acknowledge at this time that we have won does not have much impact on our transition agenda and what we can do from now until January 20, “the day of the inauguration,” the US president-elect added. “We are already starting the transition, it is already underway,” said Biden, who added that he is working on the executive.