Two convicted for role in attack on a shopping center in Nairobi

The European Union and the United Kingdom resume negotiations on a post-Brexit trade agreement on Thursday

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson withdrew from negotiations late last week after British officials criticized the conclusions of an EU summit that only London...

Australia warns of the increase in cyberattacks on infrastructure

The increase of cyber attacks on key infrastructure in Australia, especially in the energy sector, will cause "generalized failures" in the electricity grid,...

US intelligence chief: Iran and Russia hold voter data

Iran and Russia hold the personal data of registered voters and are trying to influence the presidential election, US intelligence chief John Ratcliffe said...

Bolivia still awaits final vote count

Bolivia followed this Wednesday the waiting for the final count to confirm the victory of Luis Arce as president-elect, in a transitional environment...

US accuses Russia and Iran of trying to interfere in presidential elections

The Islamic Republic is responsible for the mass mailing of threatening emails to Democratic voters demanding a vote for Trump, according to the FBIAnother...

Two men were convicted on Wednesday for their role in an attack on a shopping center in the Kenyan capital Nairobi. In the attack in September 2013, 67 people were killed, including a 33-year-old Dutch. The pair’s sentences will be set later this month.

According to the court, the two men cooperated with the four terrorists who died in the attack. They have been convicted of conspiring to commit a terrorist attack and of supporting a terrorist group.

During the attack and a four-day hostage situation in the luxury shopping center Westgate, 67 people were killed. In addition, there were also many injuries. In addition to the 33-year-old woman, seven other Dutch people were also in the shopping center. They were unharmed.

The Somali terrorist organization Al Shabaab claimed the attack. That organization is said to have links with the networks of Al Qaeda and the Islamic State (IS). It is not clear exactly which persons are responsible for the attack.

Three people were arrested in the investigation into the attacks. The trial against them began in January 2014. One of them was acquitted on Wednesday for lack of evidence. The two others will be sentenced on October 22.

.

trending

Related Articles