When little is known about his health, the president will have a doctor check in front of the cameras. And he would return to the events on the weekend.
Donald Trump is willing to do everything possible to show that the coronavirus is past history. That he is better than ever and ready to return to the “tracks” of the electoral campaign in the face of the presidential election November 3 in the United States. And this is the plan:
This Friday night he will give an interview with Fox News during which he could undergo a medical evaluation in front of the cameras to show that he is no longer a contagion agent, according to the news network itself.
“The interview will take place in the presenter’s program Tucker Carlson at 8:00 p.m. (local time in the eastern United States), “the network said, before specifying that a doctor will perform” a medical evaluation and an interview during the program.
The chain has not specified if the interview will take place live, but Fox News usually broadcasts recorded interviews hours in advance.
The exam will be done by the doctor Marc Siegel, a regular contributor to the network, who speculated last month that the Democratic candidate for the White House, former Vice President Joe Biden, I was going to use drugs before the first debate on September 30.
Siegel also went so far as to say that it is “almost impossible” that people over 70 die of the disease and that the Democratic leader in the House of Representatives of Congress, Nancy Pelosi, should “stop pontificating” on the health of the president.
Trump insisted Thursday that he is ready to resume campaign rallies and feels “perfect” a week after his diagnosis with the coronavirus that has killed more than 210,000 Americans.
His doctor further said that the president had “completed treatment” for the disease.
The president has not been seen in public except in videos produced by the White House, since his return Monday from the military hospital where he received experimental treatments for the virus.
On Thursday, his doctor, the Commander of the Navy. Sean Conley said in a memo that Trump could return safely to public engagements on Saturday, as the president tries to shift his focus to elections less than four weeks away, with millions of Americans already voting. Seven million have already voted.
While Trump said he believes he is no longer contagious, concerns about his actual health and the possibility of being an infectious agent ruined plans for next week’s presidential debate.
Trump announced that he will not debate under a virtual debate. And Biden immediately said that he would not participate either but would take the opportunity, next Thursday, to answer questions from people. The announcement fell like a bucket of cold water on the Republican campaign.
The truth is that the next debate that continues is that of October 22.
“I feel good. Really good. I think perfect,” Trump said during a phone interview with Fox Business on Thursday, the first since he was discharged on Monday. “I think I’m better to the point where I’d love to do a rally tonight, “he added. Adding,” I don’t think it’s contagious at all. “
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Says People Can Break Isolation 10 days later of the onset of symptoms, which for Trump was the October 1staccording to his doctors.
Conley said that meant that Trump, who has been surrounded by minimal staff while working out of the White House residence and the Oval Office, could hold events again. Saturday.