The second election debate between US President Donald Trump and presidential candidate Joe Biden will take place online due to the corona virus. Trump, however, refuses, because he doesn’t want to hold a debate remotely.
Debate online due to coronavirus
The president says against Thursday FOX Business find a virtual debate unacceptable. Trump tested positive for the coronavirus a week ago and was released from hospital on Monday.
The Democratic presidential candidate Biden, who has tested negative for the time being, said earlier that he did not want to argue with Trump in the usual way while the president is still contagious. Trump says he has since recovered and can no longer spread the virus.
Trump’s personal physician says the president has been free of complaints for a few days. Conflicting statements from Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and doctors raised much doubt about Trump’s health over the weekend.
The committee behind the debates says it will opt for an online debate to protect the health of all those involved. Trump’s adviser Hope Hicks tested positive for the virus last week, as did many other Republicans. She was close to Trump during his first debate with Biden on Sept. 29.
According to the committee, the content of the debate on October 15 will not change. According to the plan, candidates will participate from different locations, but Trump’s campaign team wants to hold an election rally instead.
On the night from Wednesday to Thursday, Trump’s Vice President Mike Pence and Bidens running mate Kamala Harris debated. The candidates especially excelled at dodging questions to express their prepared positions.