The adventure of Cristiano Ronaldo does not seem to stop. Against Sweden, he scored goals number 100 and 101 for Portugal. The reactions were not long in coming.
Former teammates from Manchester United, Real Madrid and Portugal stand in line to congratulate the highest-scoring Portuguese of all time.
– You’re a national icon. Many do not get a hundred goals throughout an entire career, but this is not even at club level, but on the national team. It’s crazy, says Rio Ferdinand in a video message collected by FIFA.
The midfielder was 24 years old when Cristiano Ronaldo made his debut for Manchester United in the 4-0 victory against Bolton in 2003.
He is far from the only one who got Cristiano Ronaldo’s two magnificent goals against Sweden in the Nations League on Tuesday night.
– It’s absolutely fantastic, but normal for you. It makes me incredibly proud to be a part of your story. The greatest story of all time, says Nani, who played with Cristiano Ronaldo for both Manchester United and the Portuguese national team.
– I want to send you a big hug and give me my congratulations, says Portugal legend Nuno Gomes, who is in fifth place among the highest scoring players on Portugal’s national team.
Real Madrid left-back Marcelo also congratulates Cristiano Ronaldo. The same goes for the former midfield maestro Deco, who scored five goals in 75 international matches for Portugal.
– It is the milestone of a dazzling phenomenon, a record breaker like you. It is the milestone of a monster, says the Brazilian-born Portuguese.
– What a wonderful career, great professional and great person. Congratulations and enjoy the moment. Continue to give us joy, says Brazil’s legendary left back, Roberto Carlos.
The main character himself has also commented on the incredible achievement.
– I am very proud of this historic milestone for our national team. When I am told that I can reach a hundred goals, I say that it is not enough, Cristiano Ronaldo writes on Instagram: