(Milan-Bologna 2-0) Zlatan Ibrahimovic entered the Serie A season with two goals and fantastic details. Bodø / Glimt has a man they have to stop on Thursday.
– It is important to emphasize that we do not lie down and tremble at night. We’re just looking forward. We have to come up with the “box” more than ever in life. It will be our entrance to this match, says Bodø / Glimt coach Kjetil Knutsen to VG.
The northerners come to Milan with 20 straight games without a loss (18-2-0) in the Norwegian series and Europa League qualifiers. After 74 goals against Norwegian and Lithuanian opposition, Glimt gets the ultimate test.
His name is Zlatan.
– The guy will be 39 years old in a few weeks. That score was an insanely high level, says Knutsen after seeing a match that was in the Swede’s name. The striker, who enters his 40th year on October 3, was at the center of everything at Giuseppe Meazza on Monday night. Knutsen is sure that Zlatan will also be in place on Thursday.
– He will play, says the Glimt coach.
After just over half an hour, the first goal came. On a powerful heading on the post of the French left-back Theo Hernandez. Both Bologna stopper Danilo and midfielder Nicolas Dominguez went up in the air.
However, Zlatan did not manage to connect with it, as his team mates had hoped, and the ball went out. The Swede’s 133rd goal in the Italian top division.
Milan put Bologna – number 12 in Serie A last season – under great pressure. Ibrahimovic was close to scoring after some fantastic details early in the game. He played free with a heel kick, but the shot went straight outside.
– An impressively good team. They stand incredibly high in the field and push. It must be one of the very, very best teams in the Europa League. Top quality at all levels, says Knutsen and is besides Zlatan particularly impressed with French Hernandez.
Five minutes into the second half, scoring came second. After a VAR check, the referee pointed to the penalty mark. Ibrahimovic hammered the ball into the net behind the Pole in the Bologna cage.
– Ibra was the difference, says Bologna coach Sinisa Mihailovic according to