Kimi Räikkönen drove one of the most impressive opening rounds in F1 history in the Portuguese GP on Sunday. During the opening round, the Finnish driver rose from sixteenth to sixth.
The performance has garnered incense from around the world.
Räikkönen himself also published Instagram account also a video of the soaring first round. However, he did not tear up the caption.
– It was fun, he summed up modestly.
Räikkönen’s feats were also taken into account by the Dutchman In an interview with Ziggo Sport.
The TV channel’s reporter was full of enthusiasm – unlike Räikkönen. It remained to dig that the ranking was only eleventh.
– I saw old Kimi Räikkö on the track. In the first round to the seventh or sixth, how was it? an enthusiastic reporter asked.
– Yes, but in the end we didn’t get anything out of it. It’s a pity, Räikkönen said.
However, the Iceman showed that the flower of humor is blooming, even though the World Cup scores remained a dream again.
– Yes, I am old, 41, you’re right, he murjaisi.
Räikkönen topped up to fifth place in the opening round, but soon lost places. Alfa Romeo’s pace wasn’t quite enough to score.
– I got a good place at the start, but we lacked momentum in the most normal race conditions. Later I had a bit of a problem with the tires and Sebastian Vettel got past me.
Räikkönen has collected two World Championship points this season. The F1 season continues next weekend in Italy on the Imola track.