The 2021 Dakar Rally kicked off on Saturday with an 11-kilometer prologue, however the true race started on Sunday: 623 kilometers between Jeddah and Bisha awaited the sphere, of which 277 kilometers was the measured stage.
Three-time Dakar winner Carlos Sainz was almost half a minute higher than 13-time champion Frenchman Stéphane Peterhansel and greater than three minutes higher than third Czech Martin Prokop.
Based on the battle web site, Balázs Szalay and László Bunkoczi haven’t completed but: in line with the crew, they had been in fortieth place on the final time level they met after they had a technical downside (in line with the primary data with the steering gear) and had been losing a very long time.
Outcomes, Part 1, Jeddah-Bisha, 623 km (277 km)
1. Carlos Sainz, Lucas Cruz (Spanish, Mini) 3:05:56 p.m.
2. Stéphane Peterhansel, Edouard Boulanger (French, Mini) 25 second handicap
3. Martin Prokop, Viktor Chytka (Czech, Ford) 3:18 minutes drawback
1. Sainz, Cruz 3:12:20
2. Peterhansel, Boulanger 8 second handicap
3. Prokop, Chytka 2:59
1. Toby Worth (Australia, KTM) 3:18:26 p.m.
2. Kevin Benavides (Argentine, Honda) 31 second drawback
3. Matthias Walkner (Austrian, KTM) 32 sec h.
1. Worth 3:43:58 hours
2. Benavides 23 mp h.
3. Walkner 1:12 min h.
On Monday, 457 kilometers between Bisha and Vadi ad-Davasir might be ready for the riders, the measured part might be 228 kilometers.
This yr’s subject will cowl 7,658 kilometers on 13 phases to the January 15 Jeddah end. The Dakar Rally was first held in 1979 between Paris and the eponymous Senegalese capital, however then hosted a number of nations exterior Europe and Africa, South America was the venue greater than as soon as, and final yr’s race was hosted by the present host. , Saudi Arabia.