There was an enormous strain round Viking the final week. On Tuesday, the membership known as a press convention, the place it grew to become clear that the chairman of the board of Viking AS, Thor Steinar Sandvik, is resigning.
There was hectic assembly exercise in Viking in current days after it grew to become clear that Bjarne Berntsen (63) had completed on the membership after this 12 months’s season.
Followers have spoken out in favor of overthrowing the board, and several other shareholders have additionally reacted to the choice.
– The perfect factor for Viking is that I resign as chairman of the board in the present day, Sandvik says on the press convention.
– The membership will need to have peace. Now those that work right here will need to have peace. Now we have now to start out engaged on what we’re going to work on, he continues.
Initially, he was conscious that the previous few days have been robust.
– As everybody has most likely learn, it has been rattling robust the previous few days. It has gone past my family members and each morning I’ve woken up there has all the time been one thing new. There are various who’ve supported me and stated that it might move, however I’ve not felt it. It has solely escalated, he says.
In the course of the dwell broadcast from Stavanger Aftenblad, Sandvik replies that he made the choice to retire in the present day.
– I lie if I don’t say that it has affected, he says to Aftenbladet in regards to the incitement he has acquired within the course of.
– I’ll proceed to be a sponsor, nonetheless be an proprietor and I’ll nonetheless go to the stadium. I can’t give in to any of it, as a result of I really like the membership, he says to the newspaper.
On Thursday final week, the stunning information got here that
– It’s a pure termination one 12 months earlier than the contract expires. I’m very disenchanted and unhappy. I believe it is very robust after three incredible years I’ve had in Viking now. I actually wished to finish the contract interval in fashion, however the board didn’t need that, Berntsen advised VG after the information grew to become identified.