Promotions for the Conor McGregor-Dustin Poirier duel scheduled for January 23 as part of UFC 257 will continue as the two fighters will increase inflammatory rhetoric.
“Dustin is tough. Honestly, I hope this is a war, and I am definitely ready,” the Irishman said in an interview broadcast on TheMacLife website.
However, McGregor said at the same moment that he believed he would defeat the Americans soon.
He pointed out: “I will put in some powerful blows in the first 60 seconds.” If Dustin can stay there, I am ready to go. “
In the last outing on the podcast of actor and comedian Theo Von, Poirier said that he hopes the battle will start to bleed.
Prijel said: “I hope we bleed at the same time to see who is the best fighter and who really wants to be there.”
The second battle between McGregor (22-4-0) and Poirier (26-6-1) will be held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The two had already clashed. In September 2014, the Irishman won with K.-O. In the first round.