The list of titles that have applied to be designated to represent Italy in the selection for the International Feature Film Award category of the 93rd Academy Awards was announced. The selection commission set up at ANICA will meet to vote for the title designated on November 24th.
The list of Italian films that have proposed their candidacy to be designated to represent Italy in the selection for the category has been communicated International Feature Film Award gods 93mi Academy Awards.
Due to the pandemic that has affected the world film industry, the Academy – as well as i David by Donatello – established new rules that also make films eligible for the Oscars for which theatrical distribution had been scheduled but which, due to theatrical closure, were instead broadcast in streaming through the various VOD platforms.
There are twenty-five titles that, distributed in Italy or in anticipation of being distributed in the period between 1 October 2019 and 31 December 2020, have proposed their nomination to represent Italy at the Oscars. The selection commission, set up at theANICA at the request of the Academy, will meet to vote for the designated title on November 24, 2020. The official announcement of all nominations is scheduled for March 15, 2021, and the Academy Awards ceremony will be held in Los Angeles on April 25, 2021. .
Below is the list of candidates in alphabetical order:
- 18 GIFTS by Francesco Amato
- ASPROMONTE THE LAND OF THE LAST by Mimmo Calopreste
- BAR GIUSEPPE by Giulio Base
- THE GODDESS FORTUNA by Ferzan Ozpetek
- THE MATTARELLA CRIME by Aurelio Grimaldi
- FAVOLACCE by Damiano and Fabio D’Innocenzo
- THE INCREDIBLE HISTORY OF THE ROSE ISLAND by Sydney Sibilia
- FAR FAR by Gianni Di Gregorio
- DON’T HATE by Mauro Mancini
- NIGHT by Gianfranco Rosi
- FATHER by Claudio Noce
- PICCIRIDDA WITH FEET IN THE SAND by Paolo Licata
- PINOCCHIO by Matteo Garrone
- THE PREDATORS by Pietro Castellitto
- THE MACALUSO SISTERS by Emma Dante
- SPACCAPIETRE by Gianluca and Massimiliano De Serio
- ON THE MOST BEAUTIFUL by Alice Filippi
- THE SHIFT at Alessandro Tonda
- COME BACK by Cristina Comencini
- TRASH by Francesco Dafano and Luca Della Grotta
- ALL MY CRAZY LOVE by Gabriele Salvatores
- THE MAN IN THE LABYRINTH by Donato Carrisi
- THE TRUTH ABOUT LA DOLCE VITA by Giuseppe Pedersoli
- LIFE BEFORE HIMSELF by Edoardo Ponti
- I WANTED TO HIDE MYSELF by Giorgio Rights