Alexander Sørloth (24) believes that he and RB Leipzig will fit like a glove. Therefore, it was never relevant to go anywhere else.
– It was already seen against Mainz that they create a lot of chances. I was beyond motivated as I sat and watched them. They get to so many insane posts. It was magical to watch, says Sørloth to VG.
– You almost started drooling?
– I’m almost starting to do it. I just thought, “Father, I was not in this fight.”
After a hectic summer with a lot of speculation, RB Leipzig was finally able to show off their new Norwegian striker, which they have chosen to promote as “King of the North”.
Thus, Norway has two strikers with plans to replace goals in the Bundesliga next season. Erling Braut Haaland scored 13 goals in 15 league games last season, and got off to a flying start with two goals in the league opener.
– I started a little on the downside, so I have to yearn for. Hungry wolves hunt best. Hopefully he continues to score, then I start scoring. It can be very fun, says Sørloth.
The national team colleague in Dortmund has already been in and commented on “Lykke te tank” on Sørloth’s post on Instagram.
If Sørloth is fed as well as his compatriot, it can be very exciting to follow German football in the coming season.
– It is a team that is very in the wind during the day, with the Champions League last year and a coach who is world class, says Sørloth about his new club and head coach Julian Nagelsmann.
The plan is for him to replace the 28 league goals Timo Werner hammered in before he disappeared to Chelsea this summer.
– I have the impression that they want to use me as a striker. I will be fed with chances, be in the box and score lots of goals.