Four days before the season’s first match against Crystal Palace, it is relatively quiet at both the Carrington and Old Trafford training facilities. That worries several Manchester United supporters.
– We have received several questions from worried supporters due to the lack of reinforcements, says journalist in Manchester United’s Scandinavian supporters club, Eivind Brennhovd Holth, to VG.
– Many people probably think that Jadon Sancho is the difference between a dice roll of four and dice roll of six windows. We are talking about one of the world’s best attacking players, who is the classic winger Manchester United has not had and has missed for a long time. He will, if he comes, contribute with quality – and at the same time create great faith in the project of Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
A lot of space has been devoted to Jadon Sancho and rumors that he is going to Manchester United. Not just this summer, but for much of the calendar year 2020. The experts were earlier this summer
during the summer, but four days before Manchester United’s first Premier League match against Crystal Palace, Jadon Sancho is still a Borussia Dortmund player.
And right now it is.
– But it is he who is most talked about. It has taken a long time, and it is probably a question of money, says Holth.
Borussia Dortmund are said to have been open earlier this summer to sell the English dribbler, but reportedly set a deadline of 10 August. Then the message, according to international media, was the following:
“Pay the 120 million euros we have valued Sancho at. If not, we are planning for the upcoming season with Sancho – and he will remain a Borussia Dortmund player. “
August 10 came and went, and still nothing. The transfer window is open until October 5, but no later than Monday night, in connection with Borussia Dortmund’s cup match against Duisburg, Sebastian Kehl, sports director of Borussia Dortmund, stated that “Sancho is playing for us this season”.
– One can look with envy at what Chelsea is doing, says Holth, and aims for Frank Lampard & co. has spent 2.3 billion Norwegian kroner on strengthening the team. Timo Werner, Kai Havertz, Hakim Ziyech, Ben Chilwell and Thiago Silva have all been brought to Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea also started the season with three points against Brighton:
– With Manchester United, it is always twisted. One could probably write an entire book about why, because it is a complex problem. But it probably stems from the fact that other clubs know that it is one of the richest clubs in the world, that they can ask for a few more millions. At the same time, I think United are concerned with getting well out of the market, says Brennhovd Holth.