(RB Leipzig-Manchester United 3-2) Ole Gunnar Solskjær skilled one in every of his greatest setbacks as Manchester United supervisor when it was a 3-2 loss in opposition to RB Leipzig on Tuesday evening.
Which means that Solskjær’s workforce has been knocked out of the Champions League and should accept Europa League video games within the new 12 months. It’s unbiased of the result of the postponed match between Paris Saint-Germain and Istanbul Basaksehir.
The Norwegian is self-critical on the press convention afterwards:
– We didn’t play properly sufficient as a workforce. It’s all the time the supervisor’s accountability to get everybody prepared. We knew they’d assault and hit the field. Sadly, we conceded two objectives and by no means received began.
– We begin too late. That is completely different from the Premier League. You can’t give your opponent three objectives and anticipate to come back again, says the Manchester United supervisor to BT Sport.
– An excessive disappointment for Manchester United in a decisive match, states Brede Hangeland in TV 2 studio. – There are good gamers who make junior errors at Champions League degree.
– Why does United should get one, two, three objectives behind earlier than they present their actual qualities? asks former United participant Phil Neville on BBC Radio.
Manchester United began the Champions League in essentially the most spectacular manner by profitable over Paris Saint-Germain away after which crushed RB Leipzig 5-0. The whole lot seemed wonderful, however then the downturn started with the loss to Istanbul Basaksehir.
Within the final ten years, 55 groups have had a full pot after two video games. Solely 4 of those have failed to maneuver on: Ajax (2019/20), Inter (2018/19), BATE Borisov (2012/13) and Spartak Moscow (2010/11).
– It was after all a troublesome group, however it’s the loss in Istanbul that makes us lose the factors we must always have had, says Ole Gunnar Solskjær to BT Sport.
– They’d the place to begin of the instances. While you win away in opposition to PSG within the first match, and comply with up with 5-0 in opposition to Leipzig, then the development should be secured, says TV 2 commentator Øyvind Alsaker.
At VSport1, Rune Bratseth believes that the job will not be at risk for Solskjær.