Serbian media pay tribute to the super-reserve Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (25) after the triumph at Ullevaal on Thursday – and are concerned that finally someone managed to stop Erling Braut Haaland (20).
– The whole of Europe is shaking for Haaland, but we made him an extra, the newspaper writes
delighted after the 2-1 triumph in the playoffs for the European Championships.
– The Serbian team did something that is unthinkable for many teams in Europe – they stopped the young Haaland. He ravages European football fields – but not against Serbia in Oslo.
The newspaper states that Serbian supporters feared Haaland before the match – but that the Borussia Dortmund player only had one chance during 120 minutes of play. Blic considers Haaland as Europe’s best young striker together with Kylian Mbappé.
The big issue the next day in Serbian media is otherwise the very special communication between Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (25), who came in after 80 minutes and lowered Norway’s European Championship hopes by two goals – and his brother Vanja, who plays for Torino.
“SMS”, as he is often called, promised two goals in a message to his brother just a few hours before the match. On, the brother has published what should be the communication between the two on whatsapp just before kick-off at Ullevaal:
– This is the final before the final, as they say, writes Vanja, who is also a football player.
– We’ll talk later, Sergei answers.
– Come on, give me two goals, the brother writes.
– I want to, Sergei Milinkovic-Savic answers and uses an “OK” emoji.
The newspaper Informer states that it was «pure magic» da Milinkovic-Savic
The two-goal score is naturally the centerpiece of the coverage of the Ullevaal match in Serbian newspapers on Friday.