Liverpool star Sadio Mané (28) has given a positive corona test.
on their websites Friday night.
The press release states that the striker, one of the very best players so far this season, is in self-imposed quarantine as a result of the guidelines.
It also says that Mané has mild symptoms, but that the overall shape should be fine.
Thus, the winger is out in the match against Aston Villa which will be played next Sunday.
Late Friday night, Sadio Mané published one in which he himself confirmed the positive test.
– But I feel good, and have no major symptoms. I want to start the quarantine and work to get well again immediately, Mané writes in the post.
The 28-year-old is booked with three goals in three games so far this season. The striker has delivered really good numbers for Liverpool the two previous seasons. In the 2018/19 season, he delivered 22 goals and two assists, while last season he finished with 18 goals and nine assists.
With Mané out, it may be natural for Diogo Jota to get the opportunity again:
Earlier this week, it also became clear that Liverpool’s new signing
then stated that the star player should be in good shape and on the road to recovery. The 29-year-old missed Monday’s match against Arsenal, and was also not involved in the league cup match against Lincoln last week.
– It is up to each individual whether they want to publish the outcome of a coronate test. We have followed the protocol and Thiago is OK. He will isolate himself, as the guidelines say one should, and will hopefully be back with us soon, said club doctor Jim Moxon in the press release regarding Thiago.