Experienced F1 supplier Lawrence Barretto speculate On the official website of the F1 series Alfa Romeo with next season’s drivers. According to Barretto Kimi Raikkonen continue “almost certainly” on the team.
– According to my sources, he now tends to stay for another year, Barretto writes.
Alfa Romeo also hopes that the veteran driver will remain on the team.
– This year, the Finn has proved time and time again how critical role he has in the development of the car, Barretto sees.
Alfa Romeo team manager Fred vasseur did not yet set out to confirm Barretto ‘s views, but he admitted that the future of the Finn was being discussed.
– The situation is not ideal at the moment, because we are behind us, but I feel that the motivation does not come from the results of individual competitions. We will soon be discussing together so we know exactly what he (Räikkönen) wants to do and what I want to do, Vasseur said.
Who is a pair of rods?
According to rumors circulating in the media recently, Räikkönen is nominated as a teammate, among other things Sergio perez and Nico Hulkenberg.
According to Barretto, there will certainly be a steering wheel hero with Ferrari support.
– There is no doubt about that.
Italian Antonio Giovinazzi is currently driving another Alfa Romeo car, but his stool is, according to Barretto, penetrating Mick Schumacher, Callum Illot and Robert Shwartzman.
– My sources say that Schumacher is a favorite as a second race driver, Barretto reveals.
F1 legend Michael Schumacher’s son Mick is currently leading the F2 series when the two races are no longer running. Illot is second in the World Series and Shwartzman Fifth.
Räikkönen’s partner’s name is unlikely to be released until the F2 season is over.
– We are in no hurry to make a decision. I think it’s important that the young guys get to drive to the end of the season, even though there are only two races left. It is important to get an overall picture and not start negotiations in the middle of the season, Vasseur said.
The F1 season will continue in a week in Germany at the legendary Nürburgring.