published : 2 May 2022 at 08:45 Qantas announced it will launch the world’s longest non-stop commercial flight. SYDNEY: Qantas announced on Monday it will launch the world’s longest non-stop commercial flight, with passengers set to spend 19 hours in the air travelling from Sydney to London by the end of 2025.After five years of planning, the airline said it was ordering 12 Airbus A350-1000 aircraft to operate the “Project Sunrise” flights to cities including London and New York.
Non-stop flights will start from Sydney by the end of 2025, it said, with long-haul trips later planned to include Melbourne.
“New types of aircraft make new things possible,” said Qantas chairman Alan Joyce, according to a statement.
“The A350 and
- Growing Massive Black Holes More Common in Dwarf Galaxies than Previously Thought
- Lucy Observes Total Lunar Eclipse from 100 Million Kilometers Away
- Early Inner Solar System was Very Chaotic, Research Suggests
- Bacteria Can Live in Venoms of Snakes and Spiders, New Study Says
- Hubble Space Telescope Spots Strange Pair of Galaxies
- NASA Awards Contract to National Academy of Sciences
- NASA-Supported Solar Sail Could Take Science to New Heights
- Big Mistakes Johnny Harris and Most Others Make About What Happens if China Invades Taiwan