In the context of its commercial activity as a daily press publisher and magazine on paper or digital media, and its derivative commercial activities, the TV6 News is required to process information concerning you. For example, by filling out a subscription form, by making a purchase on our online store, by contacting our Customer Service, by registering for an event that we organize, by participating in a contest, by browsing our websites. or our mobile and digital applications, by clicking on an advertising link that we present to you, you send us information, some of which is likely to identify you (“personal data”).
We only use your personal data in the cases provided for by the regulations in force:
- The performance of a contract that we have concluded with you, and / or
- Compliance with a legal obligation, and / or
- Your consent to the use of your data, and / or
- The existence of a legitimate interest in using your data. Legitimate interest is a set of commercial or business reasons which justifies the use of your data by the World Publishing Company.
For any question relating to this document, you can contact the Le Monde Group’s data protection officer.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES DO WE COLLECT IT?
2.1. The data you send us directly
On the occasion of the various contacts we have with you, you may be required to provide us with information that concerns you. They are collected in particular during the subscription of a subscription, the creation of an account on our sites and applications, an order on our online stores, or to access any other offer or any other service.
These data include:
- Names, first names, civility, date of birth;
- Postal address, e-mail address, telephone number;
- Information necessary for the delivery or porting of an ordered product;
- Encrypted username and password used to identify you on our sites or applications;
- Encrypted information relating to your means of payment (in particular bank card number);
- Choice in terms of commercial prospecting;
- Any other information you wish to bring to our attention.
2.2. The data we collect during our business relationship
The data that we collect during our commercial relationship with you include the following:
- Information relating to the history of your business relationship with the TV6 News: subscriptions, orders for products and services, if applicable, invoicing and payment;
- Your participation in promotional offers, contests or events;
- Requests that you have made to our customer service or incidents that you have reported to us, for example concerning the delivery of our products or the performance of our services;
- Information regarding purchases of products and services that you have made from our partners.
2.3. The data we collect automatically
During each of your visits to our sites and mobile applications, we collect information relating to your connection and your navigation. Different technologies can be used to collect this data. We generically designate them as “cookies”.
– Data collected through cookies
A cookie is a text file deposited during the consultation of a site, a mobile application or an online advertisement and stored in a specific space of the hard drive of your computer or your mobile device. Cookies are managed by your Internet browser or the mobile application that you use, and only the issuer of a cookie can decide to read or modify the information contained therein.
A cookie has a limited period of validity. Its deposit and storage on your terminal are done in compliance with the applicable legislation and subject to the choices you have expressed and which you can modify at any time, under the conditions specified in article 9 below.
A cookie does not identify you personally. It allows its transmitter to recognize your terminal and to collect a certain amount of information relating to the navigation carried out from this terminal.
Cookies have several functions, such as allowing you to navigate efficiently on a site or a mobile application, remembering your choices, the goods and services you want to buy, and offering you relevant advertising content according to your interests. expressed during your navigation. You will find more information on cookies on the following sites:
The cookies placed by the Publishing Company of the World subject to your choices give us access to the following information in particular:
- Identifiers of the equipment you use (IP address of your computer, Android identifier, Apple identifier, etc.),
- Type of operating system used by your terminal (Microsoft Windows, Apple Os, Linux, Unix, BeOS, Android, iOS, etc.),
- Type and version of the navigation software used by your terminal (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.),
- Dates and times of connection to our services,
- Address of the originating Internet page (“referrer”),
- Navigation data on our services, content viewed.
– Data collected by standard Internet technologies
The purpose of these technologies is to improve your experience on our sites and applications, including to provide you with personalized content according to your interests. For example, when a user clicks on an article sharing button, a script creates a pixel that accounts for the sharing. Thus, we are able to know the total number of shares of an article, and we can establish the ranking of the most shared articles.
These technologies give us access to the following information in particular:
- Information relating to your use of our sites and applications;
- Information relating to the presence of cookies on your terminal, on the time and date of consultation of a page, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed;
- Information on the reading or not of the e-mails which we send to you, on the clicks which you make on the links contained in these e-mails.
Our sites and mobile apps may also include third-party scripts, pixels and redirects. These technologies allow third-party service providers to collect certain information such as your browser type and the web page that redirected you to our websites or mobile applications. These third-party service providers process the information they collect for auditing and research purposes, and to report information on our sites and applications and on the advertisements viewed on them. We do not share your identification data with these third parties in the context of their use of these technologies.
– Data provided by mobile devices
Certain mobile devices, depending on the authorizations you have granted to the mobile application and which you can modify at any time (for example: “notification” or “Geolocation”), send information, in particular: model of your phone, version of its operating system, type of connectivity, name, and version of the application used.
These data, necessary for the proper functioning of the mobile applications that we publish, are automatically processed by our servers and those of some of our partners (including AT Internet, SmartAdServer, HockeyApp, Google Analytics) to be able to provide you with a service and advertisements adapted to technical characteristics of your device and measure the audience of our mobile applications.
In addition, if you have accepted this functionality, we are able to identify the physical location of your device (geolocation), in particular to inform you of content or offers that we think are in line with your expectations or your centers. interest or to improve your experience on our mobile applications. In accordance with applicable law, the geolocation functions can be deactivated at any time in the system settings of your device.