Romelu Lukaku (27) says he was so disappointed with the loss in the Europa League final that he did not speak for four days.
Inter were “almost-made” more than anyone last season, and Lukaku expresses his frustration, not least over the loss to Sevilla in the Europa League final.
– It was a very difficult moment for me. I did not speak for four days after the match, says the former Manchester United player.
– We lost the league championship by one point, we lost the semifinal in the Coppa Italia because we did not score a goal, and then the Europa League final ended 3-2. This is what happens. It is only through suffering that you get better, Lukaku continues. And adds:
– You can lose, but only to learn to win.
Even Braastad, commentator on Strive and half of the podcast «Bootball», says it like this:
– Lukaku is clear that almost does not last this season. The point behind Juventus, loss in the final against Sevilla and exit in the Coppa semi-final was decided last time, but now there are titles that apply and in that hunt Lukaku is absolutely crucial, Even Baastad believes.
– He may have had some hard days after the final loss, but all in all Lukaku had a fantastic season to look back on. Conte’s team has rarely been characterized by one great scorer, the goals have been distributed over several, but in Inter Lukaku was undoubtedly the goal scorer.
Lukaku had 23 goals in 36 Serie A matches. Only Ciro Immobile and Cristiano Ronaldo were better.