The tributes hailed in on the phone of Sondre Tronstad (25). In the end, the emergency national team’s sane southerner got enough.
– Would like to see more of Sondre Tronstad on the national team, TV 2 commentator Kasper Wikestad announced on Twitter.
On the VG exchange, he was named the course’s best with 8 out of 10.
gave him the same grade.
– I think Sondre Tronstad has submitted an application to join when all players are available, said former national team captain Brede Hangeland.
– He must be part of several Norwegian national team squads, said his expert colleague Jesper Mathisen.
– «Unsung hero». He will go to bed tonight and be very, very proud, national team manager Leif Gunnar Smerud told VG.
During a 90-minute game in Vienna, the Vitesse player went from being a relatively unknown midfielder to playing right into the heart of the 900,000 TV viewers who mostly watched the emergency national team’s 1-1 match against Austria on Wednesday last week. .
And while the newspapers and social media were flooded with praise, one message after another ticked into the main character’s phone.
– It was quite a lot afterwards. I’ll not hide it. There were a lot of impressions there and then, says Tronstad to VG.
As a new match, for Vitesse against Groningen, waited only three days later, and that he is determined that the emergency international match will not be his last, the 25-year-old decided to take action.
– It was very important for me to stay focused. Not too much talk, not too many interviews, not too many conversations with people. I had to calm down, so what I was doing was very conscious. I had to put away the phone. Get your phone off as fast as hell!
VG wanted to do an interview with Tronstad the day after the national team debut, but then the message was clear: «Full focus and all energy on the match until Saturday now! Hope you understand! You can call on Sunday or Monday! ”