A transfer in January is likely for Premier League current Mathias Normann (24).
– Yes, the northerner answers briefly and well to VG’s question whether a club change in the next transfer window is to be expected.
VG mentioned on Friday that Normann
, and that Southampton have also shown strong interest in the midfielder in recent weeks.
Now Normann is open that his time in Russian FC Rostov is coming to an end – if he gets what he wants:
– What I can say is that I have started to open up a little to take the next step.
– Where do you prefer to take the next step?
– That’s what I’ll start talking about now with people around me, says Normann, who provoked these jubilation scenes when he equalized for Norway against Serbia with his first national team goal:
Normann’s attractiveness in the transfer market has skyrocketed since the transfer from Brighton to Rostov in January 2019. According to him, his market value has gone from 900,000 euros (10 million kroner) to 7.5 million euros (80 million kroner) in a year and a half, but that is all reason to believe that a possible transfer to a larger club in January will have been well over NOK 100 million.
Normann’s agent Imad El Hammichi also confirms that the plan for the 24-year-old’s future is clear: It is about a transfer to a bigger club in January.
– There has been enormous interest in Mathias, but the club has not been willing to let him go. The signals we have received are that it may be more relevant in January. We are clear that he is ready to take a step up. We will sit down with Mathias and his father soon, but right now he is only focusing on the national team and the next two matches against Romania and Northern Ireland, El Hammichi says to VG.
Normann did not train with the national team at Bislett on Saturday morning. He has an acquaintance in the groin, but will still be highly relevant for a starting place in Sunday’s Nations League match against Romania.
The Romanians must thus steel themselves for the Lofoten weather’s tough tackles, such as the one that gave him a yellow card after two minutes on the field against Serbia: