Aaron Jones, a player for the NFL Steelers, was detained on saturday morning charged with aggravated assault, constriction and simple assault, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

The newspaper indicates that according to the criminal complaint, the arrest is due to an alleged physical altercation between Jones, 26, and his girlfriend, at a Pittsburgh residence in the early hours of October 3.

Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said in a statement that “We are aware of the situation regarding Jarron Jones.”

He added that “We are gathering all the details of these disturbing allegations, but we will not comment further at this time“.

When the Police arrived at the residence, found a woman crying and gasping for air as she walked down the stairs from a second-floor apartment, according to the criminal complaint obtained by the Post-Gazette.

The woman told police that there had been a physical altercation between her and a man above, who was identified as Jones, according to the criminal complaint.

When Jones came downstairs, he was immediately taken into custody and told police that he was renting the apartment and that he was dating the woman, according to the complaint.

He also noted that after returning separately from a night out, the woman began “breaking items in the apartment and yelling”, according to the complaint. Then, he lifted the woman “grabbing her by the back and legs and put her outside,” the complaint says.

However, the woman told police that Jones strangled her, hit her in the face, smashed her face with the Xbox console, picked it up, and threw it outside, according to the complaint.

Police also wrote in the complaint that the woman had abrasions on the right side of her face near the temple, bruises with some swelling on her right forearm, and a small abrasion on the upper left chest region. It was taken to a local hospital in stable condition, according to the complaint. Jones was booked into the Allegheny County Jail.

The arrest comes as the Steelers are on an unplanned bye week after Week 4’s game against the Tennessee Titans was rescheduled for later in the season due to a coronavirus outbreak within the Los Angeles organization. Titans.