Several Rosenborg players participated last week in a tournament against teams outside the Eliteserien. Infection has now been discovered in one of the opponents, and Molde coach Erling Moe is among those who are stunned by RBK’s participation.
– We should not have done that. We lie flat on it, says Rosenborg doctor Reidar Due to VG.
who reported the case of infection in a player in Nardo, and wrote that Brann coach Kåre Ingebrigtsen reacted to Rosenborg’s training matches. Molde coach Erling Moe does the same.
– I’m very surprised. We have not been allowed to take on juniors once, so we are surprised that it is allowed to mix the group from the Elite Series and into the 2nd division game. Playing training matches has never been relevant for us. We have considered this to be outside the regulations, says Moe to VG.
The Trøndelag football club (NFF Trøndelag) is also asking Rosenborg to explain themselves. The elite series three was initially to participate in the tournament with his 2nd team. The opponents were Nardo and Levanger, who have both finished their seasons in the 2nd division.
Rosenborg had several A-team players with him in the squad. According to NTB, these are Emil Konradsen Ceïde, Tore Reginiussen, Per Ciljan Skjelbred and Rasmus Wiedesheim-Paul.
– We have processed the application to arrange the tournament, with the criterion that it was Rosenborg 2 who participated, says general manager of the football club, Jan-Roar Saltvik.
– So you were not aware that they were going to field more elite league players?
– That was not the premise when the application was approved, Saltvik says.
On Wednesday, Nardo was informed that one of the club’s players had tested positive for the corona virus, Vegard Olsen informs Nardo.
– We have just asked for feedback from all the clubs, about how they have worked, and how it is that Rosenborg 2 in their two matches ended up with teams of players from the Eliteserien, Saltvik says.
The Rosenborg players have not been quarantined after the infection in Nardo, Due states.