MotoGP: Valentino Rossi has coronavirus and will not be able to race the weekend in Spain

A census in China: How do you count nearly 1.5 billion people?

Beijing mobilizes seven million officials to conduct the census, the seventh since 1953.Confused because someone is knocking on your door asking you very personal...

US 2020 elections. The last days of the campaign, marked by insults and attacks

As in 2016, Donald Trump is campaigning on a regular basis, with several trips a day. Arriving in Las Vegas on Saturday night,...

Wales, the first European territory to re-enact a two-week confinement

The Chief Minister of Wales, Mark Drakeford, on Monday decreed a two-week lockdown starting next Friday from 17:00 GMT to "slow down" the spread...

Austrian government takes new anti-coronavirus measures: assemblies, limited to 6 people indoors and 12 outside

The daily balance of contamination with the new coronavirus is higher than during the first wave in March, but Austria is taking different measures...

Report: Nature in Europe is continuously and unprecedentedly in decline

The European Union has failed to make nature healthier in recent years. Biodiversity continues to decline and the necessary investment in nature has...

The seven-time world champion remains isolated at his home in Tavullia after learning the positive result of one of the tests he was subjected to.

The Italian motorcyclist Valentino Rossi tested positive for coronavirus that was carried out this Thursday, so he will have to remain isolated at his home in Tavullia, in the province of Pesaro, and will not be able to participate in the MotoGP Grand Prix of Aragon, which It will take place this weekend at the Alcañiz circuit.

“Unfortunately, this morning when I woke up, I did not feel well. I felt particularly weak and had a slight fever, so I called the doctor, who did two tests. The result of the rapid PCR test was negative, as well as it had been the one I did on Tuesday. But the second, of which he sent me the result this afternoon, unfortunately tested positive “The broker said in a statement posted on his Twitter account.

The seven-time MotoGP world champion showed himself “Very disappointed”For not being able to participate in the weekend’s competition and suggested that Nor will he be able to participate in the Teruel Grand Prix that will take place on the same circuit seven days later.

“I am sad and angry because I did my best to respect the protocol. Although Tuesday’s test had been negative, I had already isolated myself since I returned from Le Mans. Anyway, it is like that and I can do nothing to change the situation. Now I will follow the advice of the doctors and hope to be cured as soon as possible ”, added the rider who represents Yamaha.

Last week, six engineers from the Japanese firm’s team had to remain isolated in Andorra and could not travel to Le Mans for the French Grand Prix, which was won by Italian Danilo Petrucci, because one of them had tested positive for Covid- 19 and the others had had close contact with him.

“This is very bad news for Valentino, for Yamaha and for MotoGP fans around the world,” lamented Lin Jarvis, director of Yamaha Motor Racing, who added: “The first thing is to wish that Valentino does not suffer much in the coming days and that he fully recovers as quickly as possible ”.

“This is a second blow for us. These two incidents remind us that no matter how careful you are, the risk is always present, as we have seen in the growing number of infections in Europe at the moment, ”Jarvis said.

Rossi is the second driver to register a positive coronavirus test and lose a race as a result. The first had been the Spanish Jorge Martín, who participates in Moto2, who could not race in the two tests that were carried out in September at the Misano circuit (Italy).

JCH.

trending

Related Articles