Meghan Markle sued the press group for violating privacy and copyright, after Mail on Sunday published excerpts from a letter she sent in 2018 to her father, Thomas Markle.
Last week, ANL used the recently published book “Finding Freedom” by American journalists Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, claiming that Markle provided the information to the authors, writes news.ro
Her lawyer, Justin Rushbrooke, said: “The applicant and her husband did not work with the authors of the book, nor did they give interviews or photographs.” He claimed that the volume is based on materials published by ANL and other public domain sources.
On Tuesday, Judge Francesca Kaye allowed the ANL defense to use the book and refused to give Markle permission to appeal the decision. Markle’s lawyers can take Kaye’s decision to the Court of Appeal.
The judge said Scobie denied in a testimony before the court that there was any cooperation from Markle regarding the book. “If, as is suggested, everything is a castle of playing cards, it will quickly fall to trial.”
The case is set to begin in January 2021.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been settled in the United States since the beginning of the year, after giving up formal roles in the British Royal Family.