Macabre: an Italian referee and his girlfriend were stabbed to death

The US accuses Ortega of his mismanagement of the pandemic in Nicaragua

The Undersecretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs of the United States, Michael Kozak, told the President of Nicaragua, Daniel Ortega, to "endanger"...

More than 50 million Americans have voted 11 days before the election

The figure reaches the total of early votes cast in 2016 and indicates a possible historic turnoutEarly voting in the November 3 presidential election...

Evo Morales’ return to Bolivia is not a priority for his party

Although the former president assures that he will return to his country when the new government of Luis Arce assumes, the MAS wants to...

Canada confirms purchase of 358 million vaccines for COVID-19

The Canadian Prime Minister, Justin trudeau, announced this Friday the signing of a new contract for the acquisition of 76 million units of...

Europe and the United States launch a dialogue on China in the middle of the electoral campaign

The new forum will address the great challenges posed by Beijing's growing strength for transatlantic relationsThe European Union and the United States have decided...

The Police are investigating the death of Daniele De Santis, 33, at his home in Lecce.

The Italian referee Daniele De Santis, of habitual action in the rise of his country, and his girlfriend, Eleonora Manta, were stabbed to death. The incident occurred in the judge’s own house, in the city of Lecce. Police are investigating the crime based on the account of several neighbors who said they saw a man armed with a knife escape from the home.

It was the neighbors, in fact, who warned the Police of what was happening. However, nothing could be done to save the life of the couple. When the officers arrived at the house, they were both dead: the referee’s body was left lying on the stairs of the apartment complex where they lived, while the woman’s was found inside the house.

The establishment has security cameras and the authorities are already investigating the images, but the inhabitants close to De Santis and his girlfriend testified that the attacker had his face covered, which logically makes his identification difficult.

The referee, who had started directing in the second Italian category three seasons ago, as the fourth man, was 33 years old; The young woman, meanwhile, was 30.

“I am shocked. We know very little, I can only say that we are in permanent contact with the family ”, said the director of the Italian Association of Referees, Marcello Nicchi.

De Santis directed more than a hundred games in the third and fourth categories of his country, Series C and D, and was appointed to deliver justice between Monopoly and Modena this Wednesday, in a match of Italy Cup.

“There are no words to express this pain. We remember his smile when he was on the court, his passion for Serie C, which he considered a family. Violence destroys and has taken two young people with hopes and dreams. He is the number one enemy to be opposed in all its forms, “the former director of the arbitration association sadly expressed. Francesco Ghirelli.



Related Articles