Mercedes ’Lewis Hamilton made F1 history on the Portuguese Algarve track on Sunday when the British driver took the 92nd victory of his career.
Hamilton was in the top spot in the split statistics Michael Schumacherin but now rose past the German to the top of the statistic.
– Takes its time before it sinks properly. I still race mode, mentally, and I do not find the words at the moment, Hamilton said in the post-race interview with C Moren broadcast.
Hamilton greatly shared the praise and praise for the Mercedes stable.
– I dedicate this to them and those in the factory. It has been a privilege to work with them.
– I could only dream of where I am today.
Hamilton left for the Portuguese GP from the pole position, but lost his lead during the first round To Valtteri Bottas.
The first lap was full of drama anyway, with some water raining from the sky and the drivers having trouble with the grip. However, Hamilton rose past Bottas during the race and drove to an overwhelming victory.
– They said it could rain right after the start. I got off to a good start, but at bend seven I had a wild overdrive, and I didn’t know what to do next, Hamilton repeated and continued:
– I slowed down and maybe I should have defended harder against Valtter, but I thought I’d come back to that later. Fortunately, I was able to do it.
Hamilton had extra palpitations in the final stages of the race when he reported to team radio that he was suffering from a cramp.
– This is a very physical species, I had a cramp in my right calf. It was pretty painful, but I just had to somehow get through it.
After the race, Hamilton hugged his father for a long time Anthony Hamilton with.