Liverpool have brought in the Portuguese Diogo Jota (23). Jürgen Klopp believes the attacker gives him many good alternatives.
– He gives us so many opportunities for where we will use him, Klopp says in an interview with after the transition was ready on Saturday.
– He is 23 years old, still far from being a finished product, and has such great potential. He has speed, can combine, can defend, can push, the Liverpool manager continues.
The German believes that Diogo Jota makes Liverpool more unpredictable.
– He can play in all three positions in 4-3-3. If we play with four in midfield, he can play on both sides.
Jota initially costs around NOK 480 million, but the price can rise to well over half a billion based on certain criteria.
Klopp has met Jota and thinks the chemistry is right. He is aware that this is a step up for the former Wolverhampton player.
– He knows that this is a step up for him. Of course it is. But he can give us things we do not have, that’s why it’s cool.
– And of course he benefits from being in such a team with so many good players around him, which makes him even better.