BODØ (VG) Marius Lode (27) was more playmaker than midfielder in the downsizing of Aalesund. After the match, he received a surprising message.
– Very proud and humble. It was a bit surreal to get the message. Suddenly Håvard comes out and says «have you heard that? Have you heard? You have been selected for the national team! ” tells Lode to VG.
It was teammate Patrick Berg who first revealed the news to VG in the press season after
– I will travel early tomorrow by plane to Oslo, and I will bring Lode with me now as well. So it’s very fun, Berg revealed.
– It is insanely deserved and very funny that he gets the chance.
Several of the Glimt players threw themselves on and thought it was highly deserved that Lode was taken out on the Norwegian A national team. So did Kjetil Knutsen.
– Amazing. This is the third player from Bodø / Glimt to be selected for the national team (after Hauge and Berg). It says that it is possible to be good in Norway. I think he deserves that, says Knutsen after the party owner:
The Bodø / Glimt coach says that team manager Håvard Sakariassen found out before the match.
– You did not tell him until after the match, right? asks coach Kjetil Knutsen and looks at Zakariassen, who smiles slyly and sends off a wink and a thumbs up.
– We have told him that he can become a national team player in Bodø / Glimt. I do not know if he believed it himself, but now we have proved it. I treat him with all my heart, says Knutsen.
Last season, Marius Lode was highlighted as “the best offensive midfielder” in the Eliteserien:
This year, Marius Lode continues to impress. In January, TV 2 wrote that Bodø / Glimt had rejected an offer from a Turkish club, while VG in July could experience that.