Very few players have had a more eventful year than Jens Petter Hauge (21). Nevertheless, the recent national team debutant has chosen not to take advantage of the offer that has been highlighted as a success factor in Bodø / Glimt.
– I had a conversation with him a few years ago, but exactly that was not something for me. I have no problem with having a mental coach, but I would like him not to have anything to do with the club, Hauge says to VG.
– What do you mean?
– If I want a mental trainer, then I prefer that I can say what I want without there being any danger of it going on in the hallways and offices.
Bodø / Glimt’s mental trainer, Bjørn Mannsverk, says that he is impressed by Jens Petter Hauge’s mental strength and emphasizes that “there are several ways to Rome”.
– It is the alpha and omega whether you want it or not, it is up to each individual how much trust you can give to someone. I understand well that he thinks like that, but I know very well what I am going on and not going on with, says Mannsverk to VG.
The interview with Hauge was done
. Since then, Jens Petter Hauge has been able to cross a new milestone in the successful year 2020:.
Hauge has been at the center of the event in Norwegian football this summer, both on and off the field. At the same time as the left wing contributed strongly to Bodø / Glimt’s strong season,.
– He may be the one who has been worst in the media run when he has faced a very difficult choice for him, but then he has managed to keep an extreme focus on what is here. He has almost only performed better and better in every single match, Patrick Berg said about his teammate in that Hauge had rejected the offer from the Belgian club.
In July, the midfielder told about. Bodø / Glimt is one of several players who have had success with mental coaching.
– In the group, we encourage as much openness as possible, but it is very up to each individual, says Mannsverk.
Recently, a former teammate Jens Petter Hauge, Erik Arnebrott, told. For him, the pressure on football was so overwhelming that he chose to quit.