(Northern Ireland – Norway 1-5) On Sunday, Lars Lagerbäck said that Erling Braut Haaland could reach the level of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. On Monday, Jærbuen showed why.
With two goals and an achievement that delivered to 9 on the VG exchange, Erling Braut Haaland delivered his clearly best international match for Norway so far. The expectations are enormous for the young Jærbuen, also with national team manager Lagerbäck.
– It is always difficult with such young players, and I may have been in the “game” for too long, but I have not seen a player develop so much, at such a young age, since (Lionel) Messi and (Cristiano) ) Ronaldo, said the Swede at Sunday’s press conference in Belfast.
The 20-year-old had not received the boss’s statements, but still had to respond to them after his two goals.
– I did not understand that he said that. But wow, those are big words, and I appreciate that he said that, Haaland says
– and grins broadly.
– Is that comparison a motivation for you?
– First, I want to be as good as I can, and work as hard as I can, while enjoying life as much as I can. As you saw tonight, I really enjoyed myself. That’s why I play football.
Here you can see Haaland’s two pearls in Belfast:
The last two matches have given Norway’s national team Haaland’s first three goals, and both in Belfast were of the beautiful kind. He was asked if his finishing skills were innate or as a result of hard work.
– I think it’s part of both. It has been a lot of hard work, but today the ball fell perfectly for me. I look forward to seeing the national team again, says Haaland.
On Monday, he played for the first time with Alexander Sørloth at the top throughout the match, a collaboration that resulted in two goals for both of them and a relationship Egil “Drillo” Olsen could not get enough praise.
– I think it worked “bad” well. I work well with most strikers, and today it was the Sørloth, Haaland told TV 2 about the collaboration.