A customer visiting chef Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant in Camden, London, was not happy with the dose he received.
The customer went to submit a one star review on TripAdvisor, where he also wrote a crush review.
– Gordon is not Heston, a customer using the name Guillaume R starts by referring to another British chef, Heston Blumenthal.
– One knows and creates a molecular gastronomic food culture, the other has created a homepatic food culture.
The client then calls Ramsaya Jesus.
– He’s multiplied the steak. Give him a normal sized steak from any restaurant and he will get this, the customer writes.
– Five slices of meat with salted french fries. £ 23 …
The picture published by the customer shows a small piece of meat sliced into five parts on a large plate. Next to it are French fries in a small tin mug. You can look at the picture from here.
– Gordon, you got the name by giving advice on how to run a restaurant. Let me give you a tip, write to decide your review.
– Now it’s COVID time. The service industry is in a bad mess. Shameless customer laughter won’t help your business.
Finally, he gives a two-star thank you to the restaurant’s courteous staff.
Ramsay is a successful chef whose restaurants have received a total of 16 Michelin stars. His name-bearing restaurant in Chelsea, London, has three Michelin stars.
Ramsay is remembered for television series, among other things Horror kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares and MasterChef.