Mobile apps with temporary free trials have become much more common in recent years, so it is important learn how to cancel paid subscriptions in iOS Y Android before they automatically charge you for an app that you didn’t like or don’t plan to use.
Next, we explain you step by step how to cancel them from an iOS and Android device.
How to cancel a subscription in Google Play Store
The process is really simple and you can do it from the computer or the smartphone, the steps are the same.
- Open the app Google Play Store and verify that you are logged into the correct account.
- Press the menu button in the upper left corner and go to Subscriptions.
- Find the subscription you want to cancel and select it.
- Tap Cancel subscription and continue with the instructions on the screen.
- They will surely ask you to select a reason for cancellation. Select one of the options and press Continue and later Cancel subscription.
You will be able to continue using the application for the period of time that you have already paid for or for the rest of your free trial. The same applies to annual subscriptions.
And what about the refunds or refunds? Subscription refunds are a bit more complicated than application purchase refunds.
Usually, You can get a refund within the first 48 hours of the subscription.
However, You will only get money for the month you have canceled. Depending on the subscription service, you may need to contact the creator of the app directly.
How to cancel a subscription in the Apple Store
Apple changed the way iPhone and iPad owners cancel subscriptions through the App Store in 2019, and thankfully, it’s now easier than ever. Follow the next steps.
- Abre the App Store Y tap the icon that represents your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Press the Apple ID icon.
- Then press «Manage subscriptions«.
- Here you will see a list of all subscriptions in-app that you are currently paying for. You will also find the ones that have expired at the end of the list, in case you want to subscribe again.
- Press the name of the application you want to cancel.
- The next screen will show all available subscriptions, with a check mark next to the one you are currently subscribed to.
- To cancel, press the “Cancel subscription” button at the bottom of the screen. It will ask you to confirm your decision, do so and you will cancel the subscription.
Remember: Even after canceling a subscription, you will have access to the relevant features until the end of your current billing period.
Canceling unused app subscriptions can be a great way to save a few bucks here and there, but that doesn’t mean subscriptions are bad.
Sustainable models for application developers are vital, especially if we want to continue enjoying the best that the App Store offers from different companies.