For the first time in its history and due to the pandemic, the Viña del Mar Song Festival is canceled

From tragedy to glory. The architect who indicators essentially the most lovely stadiums in English soccer

Archibald Leitch, whose profession nearly ended the day it started, will endlessly be remembered because the designer of the stands for Manchester United, Tottenham...

Antony Blinken, the Frenchified

The longer term US Secretary of State lived his childhood and adolescence in Paris within the Seventies in a cosmopolitan atmosphere marked by the...

FT: The UK will approve subsequent week the anti-COVID-19 vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech. Deliveries will start in a couple of hours

The primary immunizations with the vaccine created by Pfizer and BioNTech will happen beginning December 7, the Monetary Occasions additionally wrote, citing sources.Additionally on...

Second spherical in Brazil: keys to municipal elections that put Jair Bolsonaro in examine

Mayors are elected in 57 cities, together with the giants São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. The middle-right takes maintain and the president...

Tabaré Vázquez suffered a deep thrombosis and his well being is delicate

The previous Uruguayan president is combating lung most cancers. He's at residence, as he most well-liked not to enter the hospital.Former Uruguayan President...

Created in 1960, the traditional music competition held in Chile every February will not take place in 2021. It is one of the most famous artistic encounters in Latin America.

The organizers of the Viña del Mar International Song Festival, which has been held every February since 1960 in that Chilean city, reported this Tuesday the cancellation of the 2021 edition due to the pandemic, being the first time in 60 years of history that there will be no contest.

The decision was made jointly by the television channels Televisión Nacional de Chile and Canal 13 -which currently have the festival concession through a tender from the Municipality of Viña del Mar- and by the mayor of the town, Virginia Reginato.

This determination “is due to the interest and concern of all stakeholders to care for the health and well-being of people, due to the health conditions of the pandemic, make it impossible to carry out a massive event of these characteristics under the terms established by the current concession awarded, “according to the official statement.

The announcement ended several months of uncertainty about the 62nd edition of the contest, which was to be held next February.

The Minister of Health, Enrique Paris, said last September that the festival probably could not be held in 2021, even “even if there was already a vaccine by then” (which definitely does not exist), because, even in this case, not all the population will be vaccinated.

The mayoress, on the contrary, had so far been reluctant to cancel the event, despite the fact that the organizers had already asked him to postpone it given the “total uncertainty” generated by the pandemic.

“We are going to continue talking to have the best solutions, especially for the reactivation of commerce, tourism, so that Viña del Mar can once again be the city we all want as soon as possible,” said Reginato.

In this sense, the official statement indicates that the two television channels that are currently granting the festival by contract “will evaluate alternatives to promote tourism in the city of Viña del Mar, understanding the relevance of the Festival” for that region. from the country.

The Viña del Mar Festival is one of the most famous in Latin America and in this year’s edition artists such as Puerto Rican Ricky Martin, Chilean Mon Laferte, Spanish Pablo Alborán participated or the american band Maroon 5.

Chile counts until this Tuesday at 20 a total of 523,907 coronavirus cases and 14,611 deaths since last March 3 the first positive was confirmed.

In recent weeks, a more hopeful outlook is being experienced regarding the balance of the pandemic, with the number of new daily cases around 1,500 and with positivity rates nationwide below 5%.

However, the country is under a state of emergency due to catastrophe and with a curfew until mid-December and it is among the 20 countries with the most infections in the world, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Source: EFE

trending

Related Articles