F1: The boss doesn’t mind sending Vettel

Israel and Emirates make their friendship official amid Palestinian critics

It's official now. Israel Y United Arab Emirates have formalized their diplomatic relations with the visit of the first Emirati delegation to the...

Murderer Madsen retained after prison break, had homemade weapon

Danish murderer Peter Madsen who has escaped from prison has been arrested, the Danish police reported on Tuesday. According to the officers, he...

The US will sue Google for abusing its position against the competition

The government is expected to allege that the company violated the law because of its treatment of rivals The United States Department of Justice...

Man who killed French teacher texted pupil’s angry parent in advance

The eighteen-year-old man who killed French teacher Samuel Paty last week is said to have texted a parent of one of the students prior...

Florida is already voting, it may be up to this state to win

Says Brian Fonseca. However, according to the director of the Institute of Public Policy at the International University of Florida, competition in the...

It was announced in May that, as it turned out, based on a unilateral decision, Ferrari would not extend Sebastian Vettel’s contract, which expires this year. The 33-year-old German’s future has been uncertain for a long time, but it became clear by September that he would continue his Formula 1 career at Aston Martin (today still Racing Point) from 2021. At Ferrari, Carlos will be replaced by Carlos Sainz from McLaren.

“The goal of the early decision and communicating to it was precisely to have the opportunity to find an F1 meeting,” Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto told V1’s official website about Vettel. “Being able to find a seat for yourself is also a success for us.”

“I am happy for him both as a racer and humanly. And also because of Formula 1, as I think it’s important for the whole racing circus that Sebastian stays. That’s a great result. “

“We made our decisions and I think we made the right decision. I am very happy that Carlos is joining us, I am happy with our future partner. They’re both mostly young, but they’re starting to get experienced, ”he switched to Sainz.

At the same time, the Spanish and Charles Leclerc, a new favorite tied up until 2024, will have a difficult time, as Ferrari’s competitiveness there and 2022 is just an option for now, there is no guarantee that the Scuderia will be one of the winners of the big rule changes.

“We’re not driving to simple race wins, we want a long series of successes, for which we need to build a solid foundation. Such a process requires young people, not just engineers, mechanics, but also competitors, so that was the right decision, ”Binotto said.

Source: Formula1.com

Image source (s): Getty Images

.

trending

Related Articles