(Celtic – Sparta Prague 1-4) Mohamed Elyounoussi (26) was filmed by the TV cameras while using his mobile phone on the bench by the Celtics 1-4 loss to Sparta Prague. Now the Norwegian explains his version of the case after receiving criticism.
– First of all: This is unacceptable to me. I have talked to both the coach and the captain, and the case is dead between us, the national team winger informs VG on Friday night.
Former Celtic player Chris Sutton slaughtered the Norwegian on TV, and also coach Neil Lennon announced that he would take action when he was asked about the Norwegian after the 1-4 loss to Andreas Vindheim and Sparta Prague.
According to “Moi” himself, he has thus spoken out with the Celtic boss about the episode on Thursday night. Elyounoussi also wants to explain to the outside world what happened when he sat on the bench after being replaced:
– The phone is just out of pocket. I have warnings from Milan-Lille, ie the second match in our group, and I should just check the result in that match, says the 26-year-old.
He points out that the TV pictures show that he looks at the phone for two to three seconds, reacts to the result (3-0 to Lille) and puts it back.
– In any case, it is stupid of me to put myself in that situation. I lie down and take the punishment I possibly get, says Moi.
Coach Neil Lennon was confronted with the TV pictures of the Norwegian after the match.
– It’s best for him that he did not. This is something I have to deal with, Lennon reacts to BT Sport.
Former Celtic player Chris Sutton went a little further in his statements. He called the Norwegian wing “selfish” and “selfish”.
– It is totally unacceptable, it is scandalous. Does he care about this at all? Does he care about the club? he asked in BT Sports studio after the match and thought the Norwegian should be fined two weeks.
To Sutton’s descriptions of being “selfish”, Elyonoussi responds as follows: