Borussia Dortmund still insist that Ole Gunnar Solskjær and Manchester United can rule out bringing in Jadon Sancho (20) before the transfer window closes on Monday.
Sancho has been a hot name at Old Trafford all summer, but Manchester United should not have been willing to meet the price tag Dortmund has put on the young wing, 120 million euros, about 1.3 billion kroner.
The transfer window closes on October 5, and British media have in recent days reported that Manchester United are working on a final push to secure the attractive signature.
On Friday, Dortmund’s sports director Michael Zorc confirmed that there has been contact between the clubs, but that there will be no transfer in the coming days.
“Of course we have had talks with Manchester, but everything that has to be said about this matter has already been said by us,” he said according to the news agency AFP.
– It will not change in three days, the Dortmund top added.
According to Sky Sports, the employer of Erling Braut Haaland earlier this week has rejected a bid of around one billion kroner.
Earlier this summer, football experts with a special focus on the German league
. For it to become a reality, Solskjær will have to land the agreement no later than next Monday night.
It is uncertain whether 20-year-old Sancho, who scored 17 goals in the Bundesliga last season, will be seen on the pitch when Dortmund meet Freiburg at home in the league on Saturday.
– Jadon has a mild cold. We’ll see, coach Lucien Favre said on Friday.
Sancho was also in charge of the Super Cup match against Bayern Munich on Wednesday.
Solskjær said this when he was asked on Friday about United’s search for the transfer market: