One week before the US election, Donald Trump’s campaign site fell victim to hackers. It didn’t take long for him to get back on his feet.
In recent years, Donald Trump has upset many people. For this reason, it should not necessarily come as a surprise that his site has been hacked. The surprising part is that, given the money invested in this election campaign, you would not have expected this to be possible. The security measures implemented should be significantly higher.
Less than a week before the US presidential election, online security is a hot topic for both sides. However, a group of hackers showed that Trump is not so attentive to such details. so much New York Times, and also TechCrunch, have detailed in the last 24 hours how the About section of DonaldJTrump.com has been replaced by third parties.
Although the problem seems to have been fixed quickly, Gabriel Lorenzo Greschler immortalized the corrupt page in photo / video captures and posted them on Twitter.
Here’s a video of it. This is when you click on the „coalitions” tab. pic.twitter.com/iqLgxNezsO
– Gabriel Lorenzo Greschler (@ggreschler) October 27, 2020
The nice part about the equation is that, inevitably, Donald Trump said last week that “No one falls victim to hackers. For that to happen, you need someone with an IQ of 197, and he needs about 15% of your password. ” It happened. You can see the full video below.
„Nobody gets hacked. To get hacked you need somebody with 197 IQ and he needs about 15 percent of your password.”pic.twitter.com/6aR8yU2MVg
— Martin ‘Have you voted yet?’ Shelton (@mshelton) October 19, 2020
But going back to the hackers who hacked the US president’s campaign site, they posted a few threatening lines instead of the original content.
“This site has been hacked,” said a message posted on donaldjtrump.com for a few minutes. “The world is fed up with the false information that the president spreads every day,” the message reads. The perpetrators of the attack claimed to have confidential information about Donald Trump and his government and demanded payment in cryptocurrency to disclose the contents. A spokesman for the Trump 2020 campaign, Tim Murtaugh, confirmed the attack in a statement and indicated that the authorities are conducting investigations to find out the source.