On the fifth day of the race, the sector needed to cowl 813 kilometers, of which 337 kilometers had been the measured part.
Defending champion Carlos Sainz, the Spanish duo Lucas Cruz (Mini), misplaced plenty of time and was severely deprived on Tuesday attributable to a navigation downside, however managed to carve out a major deal on Wednesday, closing the stage in fifth place and developing third within the general standings.
For Wednesday’s partial success, al-Attijah and Peterhansel fought arduous, ultimately proving to be slower than their Qatari rival by 11 seconds. The French rider thus misplaced minimal time solely from his composite benefit, which is sort of 5 minutes over al-Attijah.
For motorcyclists, Spain’s Joan Barreda Wine was in a position to publish one other partial success after Monday’s stage victory, bringing the second within the composite to Xavier de Soultrait, who’s main the way in which due to his balanced efficiency to date. On the similar time, the French biker racing with Husqvarna has solely a bonus of 15 seconds over Bor.
The automotive’s vanguard nearly reached a median pace of 130 km / h, and though the Opel Dakar Staff duo Balázs Szalay and László Bunkoczi broke the proper entrance spring originally of the part, they nonetheless nearly reached a median of 100 km / h. This isn’t low within the desert, on the dunes, however not even on the rocks. The Hungarian pair completed in forty ninth place on this present day.
“As we speak, the administrators have designated a 337-kilometer observe for us, however the day was very lengthy, as a result of there have been plenty of connecting sections: we solely reached the camp within the night,” mentioned Balázs Szalay. “The part was quick and we might have been even quicker on it if the spring in the proper entrance cease hadn’t damaged proper at the beginning, as a result of from then on the suspension on that aspect was gone and I needed to keep watch over it to not hit the entrance . A lot of the observe was quick, sandy, generally rocky, but it surely additionally had a dune line of about twenty miles, which we actually loved. It was principally a very good little Dakar day. ”
Part 4, Vadi ad-Davasir – Riyadh, 813 km (337 km pace), motorists:
1. Nasser al-Attijah, Mathieu Baumel (Qatari, French, Toyota) 2:35:59 p.m.
2. Stéphane Peterhansel, Edouard Boulanger (French, Mini) 11 second drawback
3. Henk Lategan, Brett Cummings (South Africa, Toyota) 1:30 min h.
the advanced place:
1. Peterhansel, Boulanger 13:15:12
2. al-Attijah, Baumel 4:58 min drawback
3. Carlos Sainz, Lucas Cruz (spain, Mini) 36:19 p.
1. Joan Barreda Wine (Spanish, Honda) 2:46:50 p.m.
2. Ross Department (Botswana, Yamaha) 5:57 minutes drawback
3. Daniel Saunders (Australia, KTM) 6:09 p.m.
the advanced place:
1. Xavier de Soultrait (France, Husqvarna) 15:00:25 o’clock
2. Barreda Wine 15 seconds drawback
3. Kevin Benavides (Argentine, Honda) 3:24 min h.
On Thursday, a 671-kilometer street from Riyadh to El-Kasim awaits the riders, with the measured part going to be 465 kilometers.