The President of Campania, Vincenzo De Luca, announced this Friday that “shortly” it will order the total confinement of the region because the measures adopted so far, such as the night curfew which comes into force today, “are not enough.”
“We will proceed in the direction of closing everything, With the contagion data that we have, the ordinance that comes into force today is not enough, “said De Luca in an intervention transmitted through Facebook.
“We must close everything and we must close today, not tomorrow. We are one step away from tragedy, “he underlined and said that the closure will be” for a month or 40 days and then we will see, but without drastic solutions we cannot endure. “
“Trucks with coffins”
“I don’t want to see a line of trucks with coffins,” he said dramatically, alluding to the shocking images seen in the first wave of the pandemic in the Lombard province of Bergamo.
According to this Friday’s figures, 2,280 new positives were detected in Campania on the last day, out of 15,800 tests, a record number. According to De Luca, the rate of positives in relation to tests has increased from 12.8 to 14.5 percent.
“The only objective should be to save the lives of families, everything else does not count now,” he insisted. De Luca stressed that “current contagion data makes ineffective any kind of partial measure. “He said everything should be closed except the categories that produce and move essential goods (industry, agriculture, construction, agri-food, transport).
“It is essential to block mobility between regions and inter-municipalities,” he insisted, because “when there are thousands of new positives every day, there is no health system that can support it.