Rosenborg coach Åge Hareide (67) will bring in a new striker when Torgeir Børven is now ready for Turkish football.
– Are you going to try to get a new striker?
– Yes, we will do that, Åge Hareide replied when he met the press at Lerkendal ahead of it
the playoff match of the Europa League with Dutch PSV as opponent. At that time it was not yet clear that Torgeir Børven has signed for Ankaragücü. , after three months in Trondheim. He scored four times in his 14 league games for Rosenborg.
Last year’s Elite Series top scorer was brought in before Åge Hareide took over as Rosenborg coach on 1 September. The former Odd player has not managed to win the battle for a starting place in a duel with Dino Islamovic.
Hareide was asked why Børven has not succeeded in “finding the tone” with the new boss at Lerkendal.
– He started the first match against Strømsgodset, without scoring a goal. He’s a super guy who’s a different guy than Dino (Islamovic). Torgeir started next and scored. He came in towards Godset and scored. I wish I had two good strikers wandering around here. If you are a top scorer, you would like to play, I would have liked that too. We have to find someone who can compete with Dino, says Hareide. The transition window in Norway closes on 5 October.
Åge Hareide expects a tough match against PSV, which finished third in the Dutch honorary division last year.
On Wednesday, he closed large parts of the training to the public and press not to leak information.
– The most important thing is that nothing leaks to PSV. Besides, we get peace. Sometimes we want to be for ourselves. I have called for more concentration from the players in training. This is completely normal and has nothing to do with a lack of openness and popularity, Hareide said.
– PSV is a team that punishes us if we make mistakes. This is a battle we must lie well and deny them space. In addition, we must take the opportunities we get, said RBK captain Tore Reginiussen during the press conference.
The match kicks off at 19:00. begins 18.30.