Liverpool and Ajax have almost always been big at Eurofutys. Liverpool have played in the European Cup / Champions League final nine times and Ajax six times.
However, the history of the encounter between Liverpool and Ajax is really thin. They have hit responses only in the period 1966-67.
Ajax marched on with 7-3 goals (5-1, 2-2). Johan Cruyff waved the Pool note three times.
Jürgen Kloppilla is, after all, a close feel to Ajax. As the manager of Dortmund, he faced Ajax in the opening round of the 2012-13 Champions League.
Dortmund won both matches, marching to the group win and finally all the way to the final. Ajax was left in the rock-hard starting block.
– One of the personal highlights of my Dortmund era was the Ajax encounters. It was great to get to play against a young and inspiring team, Klopp commented on Liverpool’s website.
– Ajax has changed (since) his little philosophy. It has acquired a few experienced players and combined them with several young talents as a team.
Klopp dropped the names as examples Daley Blind, Dusan Tadic, Quincy Promes and Davy Klaassen. Blind and Tadic are in their thirties, Promes and Klaassen are over two.
“Now we meet”
Ajax’s new philosophy delighted the Champions League for the 2018–19 season. The team played 18 matches and lost only twice.
– A year and a half ago, Ajax performed quite rarely well in the Champions League, Klopp admired.
– Wow, how well they played.
Ajax led the semi-finals against Tottenham with a goal of 3-0 in the latter half-time break. Lucas Moura banged the hat trick in the second half, and Ajax dropped out of the final under the away goal rule.
The final would have been waiting for Liverpool.
– Well, now we meet, Klopp snorted.
– I’m excited.
A: Salzburg – Lokomotiv yes Bayern Munich – Atletico
B: Real Madrid-Shahtar Donetsk and Inter-Mönchengladbach
C: ManCity – Porto ja Olympiacos – Marseille
D: Ajax – Liverpool and Midtjylland – Atalanta