Pierre Fitzgibbon, Minister of Economy and Innovation, said that he expects to announce the new elements in the documents for the Canadian Formula One Grand Prix on Monday and confirmed that he hopes to have good news to exchange.
However, Mr. Fitzgibben wanted to be assured at the press conference.
“We are currently negotiating. This is the most important tourism event in Quebec. In fact, this is the most important event in Canada. Now, the city of Montreal and the public health department have health problems that we all know about. [de la province et du pays]. Therefore, we will try our best to solve this problem. He said: “We are talking to the people in Formula One, and I think we will be able to announce this this week.”
He told reporters: “I am an optimist by nature. We are negotiating and you already know very well what happened.”
Million dollars requested
According to a report in the Montreal Daily News on April 20, the organizers of F1 and Grand Prix are waiting for the positive response of the governments here on the implementation of quarantine for people who must enter and exit the metropolis of Quebec. In addition, at the provincial and federal levels, US$6 million will be required to cover the expenses normally borne by the promoter François Dumontier, especially the hiring of temporary employees and the delivery of materials from Europe.
However, according to “Le Journal”, its cost may be higher because the preparations for the Notre Dame Path have not yet started as of last week.